7 Reasons To Be Sad That Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Are Over

*mode=makcik kepochi*


I have no life and I love Tom Cruise.
Please bear with me when I'm still in my paparazzi mode to be thrill by the fact that shock all the world entertaiment news.

The rest of the world seems pretty happy about the fact that  Katie Holmes has filed for divorce from  Tom Cruise. The Telegraph titled their article on the split " Marriage Impossible?" Meanwhile, Amelia wrote, "Well, her contract must be up. Five years after they tied the knot in Italy, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are splitting." Sherri Reed of  The Stir took things a big step farther, writing, "Thank God, Katie Holmes has finally escaped that sham of a marriage … Run Katie run! Suri, take off your heels and run with her!"

Below, seven reasons I'm sad that Katie and Tom are no more:

1. Because in recent interviews, Tom said such lovely things about his soon to be ex-wife. While promoting "Rock of Ages," Tom  told Playboy, "[Katie] is an extraordinary person. Everything she does, she does with this beautiful creativity … When she walks into the room, I just feel better."

2. Big duh—I feel sad for Suri. Because divorce isn't easy on kids.

3. Because I secretly love couples where the woman is taller than the man. Just sayin'.

4. Because I liked the way Katie always gushed about Tom. Holmes famously told  W magazine after her wedding, "I've found the man of my dreams. From the moment I met him it just felt like I'd known him forever … He's the most incredible man."

5. Because now Tom will have to rename his plane. Goodbye,  Kiss Me Kate.

6. Because I liked this couple's look-a-like factor. I mean really, these Katie and Tom really have the male and female versions of the same face. The same grey eyes, the same high cheekbones, the same brown hair and olive coloring. I remember reading somewhere eons ago that couples with similar facial features, statistically, were more likely to stay together. But perhaps not?

7. Because I was charmed by the couch jumping. I know 99 percent of people thought Tom's showing on Oprah back in 2005 was the sign of an unhinged person. But honestly—being in love makes me want to jump on couches, too! As Tom later put it on  ABC News, "I really think that all men should celebrate their women. They should all jump on couches for them." Amen to that.


~Cruise's wife Katie Holmes announced on June 28 that she was filing for divorce to end her five-year marriage to Cruise, who was reportedly taken completely by surprise by the bombshell.
Lawyers for the former fairytale couple, who married in November 2006 after a whirlwind romance and a proposal beneath the Eiffel Tower in Paris, struck a divorce settlement less than two weeks later.
Holmes has set up home in New York and is understood to have primary custody of their daughter, while Cruise has been pictured spending time with the youngster in Manhattan in the last two days.
Speculation about the reason for the split has centered on Holmes' reported concerns about Cruise's plans to draw Suri closer into the Church of Scientology, of which he is probably the most famous member.

No comments:

Post a Comment